How to perform PITR when all of the logs won't fit on the drive

От Tony Sullivan
Тема How to perform PITR when all of the logs won't fit on the drive
Дата
Re: How to perform PITR when all of the logs won't fit on the drive
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I have a situation where something was deleted from a database that
shouldn't have been so I am having to take a base backup and perform a
point-in-time-recovery. The problem I have is that the decompressed WAL
files will not fit on the drive of the machine I am trying to do the
restore on.

I am wondering if I can arrange the WAL files by date and copy them to the
directory where they belong and then copy another batch when those are
restored or if I will need to find some other way of performing the
recovery.