Re: [HACKERS] ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collation entries(Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE and work_memvalues)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collation entries(Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE and work_memvalues)
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] ICU collation variant keywords and pg_collation entries(Was: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE and work_mem values)  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/7/17 21:00, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Actually, it's *impossible* for ICU to fail to accept any string as a
> valid locale within CREATE COLLATION, because CollationCreate() simply
> doesn't sanitize ICU names. It doesn't do something like call
> get_icu_language_tag(), unlike initdb (within
> pg_import_system_collations()).
>
> If I add such a test to CollationCreate(), it does a reasonable job of
> sanitizing, while preserving the spirit of the BCP 47 language tag
> format by not assuming that the user didn't specify a brand new locale
> that it hasn't heard of.

I'm not sure what you are proposing here.  Convert the input to CREATE
COLLATION to a BCP 47 language tag?