Re: Argentina and advocacy (re: regional contacts)

От Guido Barosio
Тема Re: Argentina and advocacy (re: regional contacts)
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
David,

> On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 11:12:56PM -0300, Guido Barosio wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I haven't seen any activity in Argentina, and I haven't seen the
> > regional contact in open source events also.
>
> I tried to get in touch with you for the Postgres presence at 7JRSL
> <http://jornadas.grulic.org.ar/7/> but didn't get a response.
>
> > I would love to take the flag, I've already made this public a year
> > ago, and nothing has changed.  Even more, there has been none at all
> > activity in our country.
>
> I had about a dozen people ask me why there wasn't a Postgres booth
> and telling me they'd volunteer for one over the course of the four
> hours I was at the conference including the talk I gave.  I just wish
> you'd been able to attend :)

   I have not been able to attend Grulic, those days were anoying at
work. I did present a talk but it was refused because I've lost the
calendar for proposals.

> > Sad :(
> >
> > My last advocacy act was at our CafeConf, the major open source
> > event in Argentina, working on a SWOT analisys, comparing both
> > PostgreSQL and MySQL.
>
> Great to hear :)
>
> > I will be presenting the engine at our national technical university
> > facilities in La Plata city during the next days, and probably also
> > in a southern city (Bariloche) during november.
>
> Any chance you can get to pgcon.br <http://www.postgresql.org.br> in
> São Paulo in December?

Sir yes sir; unclear yet if I will be there on friday or just the
saturday. But definetely yes.

> Cheers,
> David.

So, is this a +1 also?

:)

--
Guido Barosio

Сообщение: Re: Argentina and advocacy (re: regional contacts)
Сообщение: Re: Argentina and advocacy (re: regional contacts)