Re: BDR: changing dsn on a running node

От Sylvain MARECHAL
Тема Re: BDR: changing dsn on a running node
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le 07/10/2016 à 23:54, Natan Abolafya a écrit :

Hi

Is it possible to change the dsn connection string of a node without leaving the group? I couldn’t find the related documentation unfortunately.

We’re using BDR in a dynamic environment where the hostname/ip of a node may be changed any time. Leaving and rejoining the BDR group seems to be a solution but is a bit tedious and a slow process.

Natan

Hi, Just to say I did it with bdr 0.9.3 to change the password of the connection string.
I needed to manually modify the bdr.bdr_nodes and bdr.bdr_connections tables for all nodes but finally it works.
What I found strange is that the changes were not replicated automatically.
(Note there is a bdr.bdr_connections_changed() stored procedure, I am not sure this is needed, I did not use it)

My 2 cents,
Sylvain

Сообщение: Re: forcing a table (parent in inheritance) tor emain empty
Сообщение: Re: forcing a table (parent in inheritance) tor emain empty