one column from huge view

От: Marcin Stępnicki
Тема: one column from huge view
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

one column from huge view  (Marcin Stępnicki, )
 Re: one column from huge view  (Heikki Linnakangas, )
  Re: one column from huge view  (Michael Fuhr, )
   Re: one column from huge view  (Heikki Linnakangas, )
  Re: one column from huge view  (Tom Lane, )

Hello.

I've googled a bit but I think I can't match the keywords, so I thought
I'll ask here:

Let's say I've got a view with 100 columns and 1mln rows; some of them are
calculated "on the fly". For some reason I want only one column from
this view:

select col1 from huge_view;

Now, does PostgreSQL skip all the calculations from other columns and
executes this query faster then select * from huge_view?

--
`---*  JID:  *---' http://www.naszedzieci.org