Re: pg_upgrade from 12 to 13 failes with plpython2

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: pg_upgrade from 12 to 13 failes with plpython2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

> You're confusing what the source code can do (which is what the
> manual documents) versus what individual packagers choose to support.
> The packagers frequently don't have a lot of choice in the matter;
> once their platform drops python2, they can't support plpython2.

Well, CentOS 8 "supports" PY2, however given that Christoph also
dropped PY2 support in Debian packages as of PostgreSQL 12 [1], and
given that *Python 2 is unsupported* anyway, I just wanted to drop
support at this point.

FWIW, older PostgreSQL major versions still have PY 2 support. This is
for PostgreSQL 13 only.

[1] : https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200522080114.GA449430%40msg.df7cb.de

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Вложения