Re: BUG #16161: pg_ctl stop fails sometimes (on Windows)

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: BUG #16161: pg_ctl stop fails sometimes (on Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
19.12.2019 23:09, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
>> Maybe we should change the condition to 'if (stat(fileName, &st) != 0 &&
>> (err = GetLastError()) == ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED)' to avoid unnecessary
>> sleep with a loop iteration...
> Well, we have to loop back on file-not-found too ...
I think, if the file is not found on stat() we can safely return the
updated err (set errno with _dosmapper(err), to be exact). If we'll loop
back, we'll get the same err = GetLastError() after next CreateFile().
>> It seems that the check for ERROR_DELETE_PENDING was added to
>> pgwin32_safestat() blindly, the issue wasn't reproduced at that time:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqRJV6trFta-Qzgi6j2feuYR2ZC%2BKHvWdHnbpDG2scTrxw%40mail.gmail.com
> Hmm, makes one wonder whether that's actually live code.
I'll try to research this matter meantime.

Best regards,
Alexander

От: TAKATSUKA Haruka
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16172: failure of vacuum file truncation can causepermanent data corruption
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16161: pg_ctl stop fails sometimes (on Windows)