[Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Waiting on Author

От Jacob Champion
Тема [Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Waiting on Author
Дата
Re: [Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Waiting on Author  (James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com>)
RE: [Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Waiting on Author  ("houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com" <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com>)
Re: [Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Waiting on Author  (Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello all,

I'm making my way through some stalled patches in Waiting on Author. If
nothing changes by the end of this CF, I'd recommend marking these
as Returned with Feedback.

Patch authors CC'd.

- jsonpath syntax extensions
  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/2482/

  As a few people pointed out, this has not seen much review/interest in
  the roughly two years it's been posted, and it's needed a rebase since
  last CF. Daniel suggested that the featureset be split up for easier
  review during the 2021-11 triage. I recommend RwF with that
  suggestion.

- Consider parallel for LATERAL subqueries having LIMIT/OFFSET
  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/2851/

  Does this have a path forward? It's been Waiting on Author since the
  beginning of last CF, with open concerns from Tom about safety.

- Parallel INSERT SELECT take 2
  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/3143/

  There was a lot of discussion early on in this patchset's life, and
  then it got caught in a rebase loop without review in August 2021. The
  thread has mostly gone dark since then and the patch does not apply.

- Add callback table access method to reset filenode when dropping relation
  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/3073/

  Heikki had some feedback back in Februrary but it hasn't been answered
  yet. It needs a rebase too.

- Avoid orphaned dependencies
  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/3106/

  Tom notes that this cannot be committed as-is; the thread has been
  silent since last CF. Last Author comment in January and needs a
  rebase.

- Allow multiple recursive self-references
  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/3046/

  There appears to be agreement that this is useful, but it looks like
  the patch needs some changes before it's committable. Last post from
  the Author was in January.

- Push down time-related SQLValue functions to foreign server
  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/3289/

  There's interest and engagement, but it's not committable as-is and
  needs a rebase. Last Author post in January.

- Parallelize correlated subqueries that execute within each worker
  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/3246/

  Patch needs to be fixed for FreeBSD; last Author post in January.

- libpq compression
  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/3499/

  Needs a rebase and response to feedback; mostly quiet since January.

Thanks,
--Jacob