Re: [HACKERS] Documentation improvements for partitioning

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Documentation improvements for partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24/02/17 07:15, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> The good news is that logical replication DOES work with partitioning,
>> but only for a Publication with PUBLISH INSERT, pushing from a normal
>> table to a partitioned one. Which is useful enough for first release.
>>
>> The work on having UPDATE work between partitions can be used to make
>> updates and deletes work in logical replication. That might yet be
>> made to work in this release, and I think we should look into it, but
>> I think it can be left til next release if we try.
>
> Are you speaking of the case where you want to replicate from an
> unpartitioned table to a partitioned table?  I would imagine that if
> you are replicating between two identical partitioning hierarchies, it
> would just work.  (If not, that's probably a bug, though I don't know
> whose bug.)

Yes same hierarchies will work but mainly because one has to add
partitions themselves to publication currently. I guess that's the
limitation we might have to live with in 10 as adding the whole
partitioned table should probably work for different hierarchies when we
enable it and I am not quite sure that's doable before start of the CF
at this point.

Services