Re: Use of backup_label not noted in log

От David Steele
Тема Re: Use of backup_label not noted in log
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/20/23 15:08, David Steele wrote:

>>> I think the current message is sufficient, but what do you have in mind?
>>
>> Well, the consistency message is emitted after every restart. Whereas
>> a single
>> instance only should go through backup recovery once. So it seems
>> worthwhile
>> to differentiate the two in log messages.
>
> Ah, right. That works for me, then.

Any status on this patch? If we do back patch it would be nice to see
this in the upcoming minor releases. I'm in favor of a back patch, as I
think this is minimally invasive and would be very useful for debugging
recovery issues.

I like the phrasing you demonstrated in [1] but doesn't seem like
there's a new patch for that, so I have attached one.

Happy to do whatever else I can to get this across the line.

Regards,
-David

---

[1]