Re: [HACKERS] Bug in ExecModifyTable function and trigger issues forforeign tables

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Bug in ExecModifyTable function and trigger issues forforeign tables
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Bug in ExecModifyTable function and trigger issues forforeign tables  (Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/05/16 21:36, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> One approach I came up with to fix this issue is to rewrite the
> targetList entries of an inherited UPDATE/DELETE properly using
> rewriteTargetListUD, when generating a plan for each child table in
> inheritance_planner.  Attached is a WIP patch for that.  Maybe I am
> missing something, though.

While updating the patch, I noticed the patch rewrites the UPDATE
targetList incorrectly in some cases; rewrite_inherited_tlist I added to
adjust_appendrel_attrs (1) removes all junk items from the targetList
and (2) adds junk items for the child table using rewriteTargetListUD,
but it's wrong to drop all junk items in cases where there are junk
items for some other reasons than rewriteTargetListUD.  Consider junk
items containing MULTIEXPR SubLink.  One way I came up with to fix this
is to change (1) to only remove junk items with resname; since junk
items added by rewriteTargetListUD should have resname (note: we would
need resname to call ExecFindJunkAttributeInTlist at execution time!)
while other junk items wouldn't have resname (see
transformUpdateTargetList), we could correctly replace junk items added
by rewriteTargetListUD for the parent with ones for the child, by that
change.  I might be missing something, though.  Comments welcome.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita