Re: standard LOB support

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: standard LOB support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
EBIHARA, Yuichiro wrote on 22.06.2007 09:28:
>> Hmm. At least for updating LOBs, "my method" should be
>> "legal". This is a quote from jdbc-3_0-fr-spec.pdf
>>
>> "The setBinaryStream and setObject methods may also be used
>> to set a Blob object as a parameter in a PreparedStatement
>> object. The setAsciiStream, setCharacterStream, and setObject
>> methods are alternate means of setting a Clob object as a parameter."
>
> Sorry, my comment was partially incorrect.
> See B-182(TABLE B-6) of the spec.
> getBinaryStream()/getCharacterStream are not compatible to LOB.
Thanks for the pointer ;)

According to that table, the PG driver is actually correct, as bytea is reported
as Types.BINARY not Types.BLOB

> Also, there were some limitations with Oracle JDBC "Thin" driver 9.2 and those methods didn't work
> with LOB.
Yes I found that as well. Only the 10.x driver work correctly

Regards
Thomas

От: "Joost Kraaijeveld"
Сообщение: Can I backup/restore a database in a sql script?
От: "EBIHARA, Yuichiro"
Сообщение: Re: standard LOB support