Re: meson vs make: missing/inconsistent ENV

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: meson vs make: missing/inconsistent ENV
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-02-27 Mo 06:17, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:

On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 03:21:04PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
Is there any consideration of promoting these or other warnings to
fatal?
You mean the perl warnings?
Yes - it'd be nice if the warnings caused an obvious failure to allow
addressing the issue.  I noticed the icu warning while looking at a bug
in 0da243fed, and updating to add ZSTD.
Perl warnings can be made fatal with `use warnings FATAL =>
<categories>;`, but one should be careful about which categories to
fatalise, per <https://metacpan.org/pod/warnings#Fatal-Warnings>.

Some categories are inherently unsafe to fatalise, as documented in
<https://metacpan.org/pod/strictures#CATEGORY-SELECTIONS>.

Yeah.

It would be nice if there were some fuller explanation of the various categories, but I don't know of one.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan