Re: Group By aggregate string function

От Martin Stöcker
Тема Re: Group By aggregate string function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Lance

first of all you should check your data-model.
If there are different roles or jobs in a certain order, you should better bring these jobs in theier own table.
So it is easy to have them ordered.

But you can do some tricks to treat them as array elements
Not nice but it works

create table staff(id integer, user text, job text);
insert some data ...

select id, usr, ar[pos] from (select id, usr, min(array_position(array['admin', 'manager'], job)) as pos, array['admin', 'manager'] as ar from staff where usr='lance' group by id, usr, ar)
as test;
 id |  usr  |  ar
  1 | lance | admin

Regards Martin