Re: Estimates on partial index

От Ashish Kumar Singh
Тема Re: Estimates on partial index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

  K te er Xi

Sent from Nine

From: Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com>
Sent: 19-Aug-2016 03:32
To: Jeff Janes; Victor Yegorov
Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Estimates on partial index

On 8/18/16 3:06 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
> If you can come up with a data generator which creates data that
> others can use to reproduce this situation, we can then investigate it
> in more detail.

BTW, the easy fix to this is most likely to create an index on due_date
WHERE is_current. Or perhaps partition the table so non-current rows
don't live with current ones. I'm not a fan of mixing history tracking
in with the main table, because it leads to problems like this.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461