Re: [psycopg] speed concerns with executemany()

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [psycopg] speed concerns with executemany()
Дата
Список psycopg
On 1/31/17 6:21 PM, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> ISTM that it's easier to leave the users to call
> PREPARE/execute_batch('EXECUTE')/DEALLOCATE: knowing the context in
> which the sequence is called wouldn't require parameters mangling and
> the error management would be simpler for them.

I think a context handler for prepare would be very handy, so that you
didn't need to remember to dealloc. There might be a way to avoid the
separate prepare too.

I agree that trying to magically convert % to $ and back is nothing but
trouble. If users are using prepared statements, they need to understand
the $ syntax.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [psycopg] speed concerns with executemany()
Сообщение: Re: [psycopg] speed concerns with executemany()