Re: [GENERAL] duplicate key value violates unique constraint andduplicated records

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] duplicate key value violates unique constraint andduplicated records
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] duplicate key value violates unique constraint and duplicated records
Список pgsql-general
On 06/30/2017 04:58 AM, Timokhin Maxim wrote:
> BTW, we are moving using:
>
> pg_basebackup -h servername -R -P -D /data/upgrade/94 -U pgsql -v —xlog-method=stream —checkpoint=fast

Going from 9.4 to 9.6 is a major version upgrade and you cannot use
pg_basebackup for that. Besides I can't see how you even got the 9.6.3
server to start:

/usr/local/pgsql94/bin/pg_basebackup -D /home/aklaver/pgback_test94 -U
postgres -p 5412 -v --xlog-method=stream

/usr/local/pgsql96/bin/pg_ctl -D /home/aklaver/pgback_test94/ start
server starting
FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
DETAIL:  The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 9.4,
which is not compatible with this version 9.6.3

> After that we are upping version to 9.6.3.

Given the above how did you actually get 9.6.3 to start?

> I've looked through the documentation https://postgrespro.ru/docs/postgrespro/9.6/app-pgbasebackup and didn't find
detailsabout how pg_basebackup works with b-tree indexes.
> Is it possible that pg_basebackup just copies indexes as is and that is cause of corruption. Or it pass indexes as
instructionthat says "after upping db make indexes" ?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Mikhail
Сообщение: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Significant discrepancy in index cost estimation
От: Melvin Davidson
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] duplicate key value violates unique constraint andduplicated records