Re: FOR EACH ROW triggers on partitioned tables

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: FOR EACH ROW triggers on partitioned tables
Дата
Re: FOR EACH ROW triggers on partitioned tables
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/29/17 17:53, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> This patch enables FOR EACH ROW triggers on partitioned tables.
>
> As presented, this patch is sufficient to discuss the semantics that we
> want for triggers on partitioned tables, which is the most pressing
> question here ISTM.

This seems pretty straightforward.  What semantics questions do you have?

> However, this is incomplete: it doesn't create triggers when you do
> ALTER TABLE ATTACH PARTITION or by CREATE TABLE PARTITION OF.  I'm using
> this as a basis on which to try foreign keys for partitioned tables.
> Getting this to committable status requires adding those features.

Yeah that, and also perhaps preventing the removal of triggers from
partitions if they are supposed to be on the whole partition hierarchy.
And then make pg_dump do the right things.  That's all mostly legwork, I
think.

Also, does ALTER TABLE ... ENABLE/DISABLE TRIGGER do the right things on
partitioned tables?