hundreds of schema vs hundreds of databases

От olivier
Тема hundreds of schema vs hundreds of databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi group,

I have an application with some hundreds users, each one having the same
data definitions, and each one storing up to 2 GB of data.
A user have just access to his own data. His data will have its own
tablespace.

Therefore, it seems to me I have a choice between "one database per
user" and "one schema per user in the same database".

What is the best practice here ? Which solution will be the easiest to
manage ?

Cheers,

   Olivier