Re: Is this doable using Postgresql crosstab or some otherfunction?

От
Тема Re: Is this doable using Postgresql crosstab or some otherfunction?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 Let's say I have tens or hundreds or thousands of feature (instance)
 types. Each of them would need its own table.
 Let's say I give for the application administrator, a possibility to
 create new feature types? He/she merely knows what's the database is.
 So I need a model which is capable for offering "dynamic table
 structures".

 I already have implemented parts which allow creating these types,
 creating instances of them and populating those instances with data. Now
 I have to come up with a method for flattening that data into one view
 so that it can be used directly.

 - mika -

 On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 01:58:46 -0700, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>
 wrote:
> On 04/10/12 1:52 AM, mika@digikartta.net wrote:
>>
>> Quite challanging, right?
>
> yes.
>
> and quite contrary to the relational data model.
>
> whats the point of going to all this abstraction?
>
> --
> john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
> santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

Сообщение: Re: Is this doable using Postgresql crosstab or some other function?
Сообщение: Re: Is this doable using Postgresql crosstab or some other function?