Re: error: connection to server on socket...

От Amn Ojee Uw
Тема Re: error: connection to server on socket...
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Addendum

I tried this, but to no avail : sudo systemctl start postgresql

On 8/1/23 6:22 a.m., Amn Ojee Uw wrote:

Using the following command on my Debian 12 machine:

sudo apt-get install postgresql postgresql-15 postgresql-client-common postgresql-common postgresql-contrib postgresql-doc phppgadmin

and following the instruction on this web page I have installed PostgreSQL-15.
The installation went smooth, until the following command was issued :

sudo -u postgres psql

... I get an error message that reads:

could not change directory to "/home/my_account": Permission denied
psql: error: connection to server on socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: No such file or directory
    Is the server running locally and accepting connections on that socket?

What can I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.