Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Charles Clavadetscher
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

On 09/04/2016 05:16 PM, Charles Clavadetscher wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 09/04/2016 05:14 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>
>>> Or if you are fine running the 9.5 instance at port 5432, what happens
>>> if you do?:
>>>
>>> psql -d postgres -U some_user -p 5432
>>
>> $ psql -d postgres -U rshepard -p 5432
>> Password for user rshepard: FATAL:  password authentication failed for
>> user "rshepard"
>> DETAIL:  User "rshepard" has no password assigned.
>>     Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 80: "local   all             all
>> md5"
>> psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "rshepard"
>>
>> but,
>>
>> $ psql -d postgres -U postgres -p 5432
>> Password for user postgres: psql (9.5.4)
>> Type "help" for help.
>>
>> postgres=#
>>
>>   So, it appears to be a password issue. Please advise me how to get the
>> running postmaster process to accept my accessing databases without a
>> password being required.
>
> Adrian already answered that. You can set the connection authentication
> method to trust. This can have some risks, however.

You may also consider using a .pgpass file:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/libpq-pgpass.html

Bye
Charles

--
Swiss PostgreSQL Users Group
c/o Charles Clavadetscher

http://www.swisspug.org

+-----------------------+
|   ____  ______  ___   |
|  /    )/      \/   \  |
| (     / __    _\    ) |
|  \    (/ o)  ( o)   ) |
|   \_  (_  )   \ ) _/  |
|     \  /\_/    \)/    |
|      \/ <//|  |\\>    |
|           _|  |       |
| PostgreSQL 1996-2016  |
|  20 Years of Success  |

От: Charles Clavadetscher
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall