Re: Windows Vista Support

От Peter Wilson
Тема Re: Windows Vista Support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:
> michael.alexander@impowerproject.com wrote:
>> Can you confirm that you don't provide support for Windows Vista for any
>> release of Postgres. I'm dumbfounded an it appears that you don't
>> support Vista. If so, are you planning any releases. I have a major
>> project and was hoping to use Postgres.
>
> PostgreSQL will run on Vista, however to run the installer you will have
> to temporarily disable User Account Control.
>
> This is because the current stable version of PostgreSQL was released
> some time before Vista so obviously couldn't be properly tested with it.
>
> The installer for PostgreSQL 8.3 has already been rewritten as required
> to support Vista.

I've not tried Postgres on Vista yet - I run it on Linux, however I have found
most Windows XP software that won't run by default on vista will do provided you
mark the executable to run in XP compatible mode - you don't have to turn off
'User Account Control'.

Worth trying : right mouse click on the Postgres installer, select the
'compatibility' tab and then Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the drop down.

Pete
--
http://www.yellowhawk.co.uk
http://www.whitebeam.org