Re: PostgreSQL Live CD based on CentOS 5.3 and PG 8.4 released

От Emanuel Calvo Franco
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Live CD based on CentOS 5.3 and PG 8.4 released
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2009/9/2 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 13:47 -0300, Emanuel Calvo Franco wrote:
>> > I released initial version of my PostgreSQL 8.4 live CD, which i
>> > based on CentOS 5.3. It includes the PostgreSQL related packages
>> > that I build on http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org , along with PostgreSQL
>> > 8.4.0.
>>
>> I'm testing it, works well!
>
> Thanks for testing.

I'll continuing doing that!

>> I ussually use pglive cd of Bernier, but now seems to be not updated.
>> But have some nice features for example:
>> - has a direct link for psql console in the bar
>> - same for pgadmin
>
> I added these features to the kickstart file. They will appear in next
> build, which will happen next Monday with PostgreSQL 8.4.1 .

Exelent!

>> - has several docs in html format, in a /var/www and when the livecd
>> starts, firefox displays the links for each doc (all the docs are
>> in the cd, thats is the better)
>> - has a postgres wall paper
>
> I need to think about these -- and if they are added, they will appear
> in next set, too.

I'll be a valuable feature, believe me (exept the wallpaper :P ).

> Thanks for valuable comments.

Other thing that you can implement is a test or example database.
For the lazy admins, you can add postgres to sudoers file or create
a user with that option.
(i didn't see the kickstart, forgive me if you add this into it)

Great work Devrim.

--
              Emanuel Calvo Franco
             DBA at:  www.siu.edu.ar

Сообщение: Re: Snow Leopard and plpython problem
Сообщение: Re: Snow Leopard and plpython problem