Re: postgresql and LDAP

От Emanuel Calvo Franco
Тема Re: postgresql and LDAP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2009/3/10 Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>
>> JP Fletcher <jpfletch@ca.afilias.info> writes:
>>> I've just compiled 8.3.6 with ldap support yet I get
>>> 'FATAL:  missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file'
>>> when I try to connect.
>>
>> Can't help you much when you don't show us the pg_hba.conf file ;-)
>>
>> However, a tip that might help is that there should be more information
>> about the problem in the postmaster log.  We intentionally don't send
>> details about the conf file's contents to the client...
>
> Perhaps we should send a HINT to the client saying to consult the postmaster
> logs?

IMHO I think is quite dangerous because someone with experience could guess
some security details.
But, could be configure the client verbose from the postgresql.conf,
in that case
could be useful.

> --
>  Gregory Stark
>  EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com
>  Ask me about EnterpriseDB's RemoteDBA services!
>
> --

      Emanuel Calvo Franco
        Sumate al ARPUG !
      (www.postgres-arg.org -
         www.arpug.com.ar)
    ArPUG / AOSUG Member
   Postgresql Support & Admin

От: Mike Charnoky
Сообщение: Re: intermittant performance problem