Re: pgbackrest creating new directories (messing up cron jobs).

От mimble9@danwin1210.me
Тема Re: pgbackrest creating new directories (messing up cron jobs).
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I think I need to take a step backwards and ask something else before
moving forward.

> Isn't that going to mail you the same WAL over and over again if you set
> it up as a cronjob..?  Is that really what you want?

I took a full backup when I started. Then I used type=diff. This creates
two archives every x hours (depending on the time period set in cron).

For example:

-rw-r----- 1 postgres postgres 27145 Mar 11 00:00
0000000100000001000000B9-6f3902fe5c3bdebc3c1c124ec6821c7206e350da.gz

-rw-r----- 1 postgres postgres 27126 Mar 11 00:00
0000000100000001000000BA-214e7142c6eda0a350577f6bd624c3db203e184f.gz

Only one of these relates to the database I setup in PostgreSQL. I don't
know what the other one is but it might be related to the "default"
database 'postgres'. (This is just a guess).

Irrespective, I would only want a new archive file if something has
changed in the database. Yet I seem to always receive two new files every
x hours even if nothing has changed.

So I tried type-incr but that seems to produce the same results as type=diff.

I wonder what I am doing wrong?

Сообщение: Re: pgbackrest creating new directories (messing up cron jobs).
Сообщение: Re: pgbackrest creating new directories (messing up cron jobs).