Re: Additional Chapter for Tutorial

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: Additional Chapter for Tutorial
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-10-30 11:57, Jürgen Purtz wrote:
> On 26.10.20 15:53, David G. Johnston wrote:
>> Removing -docs as moderation won’t let me cross-post.

Hi,

I applied 0009-architecture-vs-master.patch to head
and went through architecture.sgml (only that file),
then produced the attached .diff

And I wrote down some separate items:

1.
'Two Phase Locking' and 'TPL' should be, I think,
'Two-Phase Commit'. Please someone confirm.
(no changes made)

2.
To compare xid to sequence because they similarly 'count up' seems a bad
idea.
(I don't think it's always true in the case of sequences)
(no changes made)

3.
'accesses' seems a somewhat strange word most of the time just 'access'
may be better.  Not sure - native speaker wanted. (no changes made)

4.
'heap', in postgres, means often (always?) files. But more generally,
the meaning is more associated with memory.  Therefore it would be good
I think to explicitly use 'heap file' at least in the beginning once to
make clear that heap implies 'safely written away to disk'.  Again, I'm
not quite sure if my understanding is correct - I have made no changes
in this regard.

Erik Rijkers

Вложения