Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2024-04-04 at 09:31 +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> IIUC, with your suggestion, sift_{up|down} needs to update the
> heap_index field as well. Does it mean that the caller needs to pass
> the address of heap_index down to sift_{up|down}?

I'm not sure quite how binaryheap should be changed. Bringing the heap
implementation into reorderbuffer.c would obviously work, but that
would be more code. Another option might be to make the API of
binaryheap look a little more like simplehash, where some #defines
control optional behavior and can tell the implementation where to find
fields in the structure.

Perhaps it's not worth the effort though, if performance is already
good enough?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis