Re: About postgresql8.3.3 build in MS VS2005

От iihero
Тема Re: About postgresql8.3.3 build in MS VS2005
Дата
Re: About postgresql8.3.3 build in MS VS2005  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks. Now the header file include issues resolved. I fetch the latest code and no such issues.

But I found new issues now.  (the latest code from cvs)
1. file : contrib\fuzzystrmatch\dmetaphone.c,
  line: 1040 and line: 464, both look like as below,
  case '?:
  There is no the matched single quote, and the content is repeated. This cause build always failed for fuzzystrmatch.

2. I can't find the debug version libraries of libxml and libxslt, zlib, iconv.  And failed to build it on windows platform respectively.
Thus I can't build the debug version of postgresql8.4dev.

Could the depend libraries (release and debug version) and header files be tar balled in a place?

Is there any way?

2008/10/6 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>> Do you mean the include order of Platform SDK possibly influenced the
>> build result?

> it could be. At first look ISTM that the error comes from not finding
> the definition of HANDLE, which is certainly very central to the
> Platform SDK.

You should be looking at the first few errors.  I'm suspicious that a
system include file isn't being found where expected.  Some compilers
will bull ahead anyway, but a huge number of consequent errors can be
expected if the needed declarations haven't been read ...