Re: pgsql: TAP test for logical decoding on standby

От Drouvot, Bertrand
Тема Re: pgsql: TAP test for logical decoding on standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 5/23/23 5:15 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 5:26 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> TAP test for logical decoding on standby
>
> Small nitpicks:
>
> 1. The test names generated by check_slots_conflicting_status() start
> with a capital letter, while most other test names start with a
> lower-case letter.

Yeah, not sure that would deserve a fix for its own but if we address 2.
then let's do 1. too.

> 2. The function is called 7 times, 6 with a true argument and 1 with a
> false argument, but the test name only depends on whether the argument
> is true or false, so we get the same test name 6 times. Maybe there's
> not a reasonable way to do better, I'm not sure, but it's not ideal.

I agree that's not ideal (but one could still figure out which one is
failing if any by looking at the perl script).

If we want to "improve" this, what about passing a second argument that
would provide more context in the test name?

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team