Re: [HACKERS] pg_basebackup --progress output for batch execution

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_basebackup --progress output for batch execution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
El 14/11/17 a las 06:25, Arthur Zakirov escribió:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:32:23AM -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
>> An example where using isatty() might fail is if you run pg_basebackup
>> from a tty but redirect the output to a file, I believe that in that
>> case isatty() will return true, but it's very likely that the user
>> might want batch mode output.
>
> Sorry if I misunderstood you. I think this can happen if you redirect only standard output (stdout) to a file.

Don't be sorry. It was me who misunderstood how isatty() worked. Shame
on me. :(

I will iterate again with a new patch which has your ideas from before.

P.D.: But I'm going to first open a new thread on WIN32 compatibility of
isatty()

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/