Re: Example 43.6. A PL/pgSQL Trigger Function for Maintaining a Summary Table

От Maxim Yablokov
Тема Re: Example 43.6. A PL/pgSQL Trigger Function for Maintaining a Summary Table
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Yeah, sure thing! Thanks! I'll send a patch soon.

26.10.2023 12:29, Daniel Gustafsson пишет:
On 26 Oct 2023, at 09:33, Maxim Yablokov <m.yablokov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
Example 43.6 on the page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/plpgsql-trigger.html has two tables called main. But it seems that the table time_dimension is not used any further, it's a bit strange for one of main tables of the example. Am I missing something, or should this example be extended (or reduced)?
Interesting catch, time_dimension has been unused since introduced with commit
a294726bc1d (in 2005), and the archives doesn't provide any further insights.
While I don't have access to the book referred to for the example, we don't
expect our readers to either so it seems to me that we could remove it from the
example to avoid risk of confusion. Would you like to propose a patch for this?

--
Daniel Gustafsson

--
Best regards,
Maxim Yablokov

Сообщение: Re: Example 43.6. A PL/pgSQL Trigger Function for Maintaining a Summary Table
Сообщение: Re: Example 43.6. A PL/pgSQL Trigger Function for Maintaining a Summary Table