Re: No mention of standby.signal in pg_ugprade docs

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: No mention of standby.signal in pg_ugprade docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, 2021-07-15 at 14:39 -0400, Dan Stoner wrote:
> I noticed that  standby.signal is not mentioned anywhere in the pg_upgrade document.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/pgupgrade.html
>
> I had trouble the first time I tried to start my secondary because it didn't connect to the primary / start streaming
untilI touched the signal

> file.  The signal file is obliterated during the rsync but there is no mention of putting it back or preserving it.

I think you are right.

I will incorporate that in my patch to improve the documentation:
https://www.postgr.es/m/22f129004bb66cd91e1dfd3345a9787f5039f3ae.camel%40cybertec.at

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Manua correction
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Improve documentation for pg_upgrade, standbys and rsync