Re: [HACKERS] Function to move the position of a replication slot

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Function to move the position of a replication slot
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Function to move the position of a replication slot  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/31/17 08:19, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Rebased. Now named pg_advance_replication_slot. ERROR on logical slots.
> Forward only.
>
> I think that, in the end, covered all the comments?

I didn't see any explanation of what this would actually be useful for.
I suppose you could skip over some changes you don't want replicated,
but how do you find to what position to skip?

Logical replication has a similar mechanism, using the function
pg_replication_origin_advance().  Any overlap there?  (Maybe the names
could be aligned.)
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/logical-replication-conflicts.html)