Re: Recovery from another installation

От Camilo Sperberg
Тема Re: Recovery from another installation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
postgres 2.5 ??? wow ... that's an old version... Consider an upgrade...

From what i know, it shouldn't be a problem, because it's primarily the same sub-version... It would be another story if it was from 2.5 to 2.6 (in that case, you should use pg_dump_all) ... But i really don't know if with a so low version everything could go fine ...

Greetings ;) (and consider an upgrade :P)

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 1:44 AM, dfx <dfx@dfx.it> wrote:
Dear Sirs,

my question if it is possible to recovery a set of databases from a
directory 'data' of a different machine.

I have a machine with Postegres 2.5 and Windows 2000 crashed (OS does not
start) but with filesystem OK, and another machine (with XP PRO and Postgres
also 2.5). Can I copy the 'data' directory of the first machine (W2000) to
the second machine? what I have to do?

Thank you.

Domenico