Re: query manipulation

От Randall Smith
Тема Re: query manipulation
Дата
Re: query manipulation  (Randall Smith <randall@tnr.cc>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Mark Lewis wrote:
> Randall,
>
> I happen to have an example right here that might be useful for you.
> The attached class will wrap a driver (in this case hard-coded to
> "org.postgresql.Driver") and transparently implement prepared statement
> caching.  Shouldn't be too hard to adapt it to your case.
>
> Disclaimer: this is for demonstration only, not a production-quality
> implementation.  Don't use this in your product without reading through
> it, understanding the limitations and adding some sanity checking.
> Also, this is based on a real class we use for testing here, but the
> process of simplifying it for the list may have broken stuff.
>
> -- Mark
>
> On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 16:37 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
>> Randall,
>>
>> Yeah, you would have to wrap the jdbc driver with a proxy driver.
>> It's not that hard to write one.
>>
>> Dave
>> On 19-Mar-07, at 4:19 PM, Randall Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to find a way to manipulate some poorly written queries
>>> in which I don't have access to the application source.  I can't do
>>> it at the Postgresql server, so I'm thinking of attacking it at the
>>> jdbc driver.
>>>
>>> I was thinking of a wrapper that would look at and alter the SQL
>>> before it went to the server.  Anyone know of something like this?
>>> Specifically, I'm trying to drop "FOR UPDATE column name" off of
>>> some queries.  They were written for Oracle, but Postgresql uses
>>> "FOR UPDATE table name".  I'm not a Java programmer, but I won't
>>> let that stop me if it is required.
>>>
>>> Randall
>>>

>>> ---------------------------(end of
>>> broadcast)---------------------------
>>> TIP 7: You can help support the PostgreSQL project by donating at
>>>
>>>                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

>> package com.mir3.sawtooth.service.piimpl;
>>
>> import java.lang.reflect.InvocationHandler;
>> import java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException;
>> import java.lang.reflect.Method;
>> import java.lang.reflect.Proxy;
>> import java.sql.Connection;
>> import java.sql.Driver;
>> import java.sql.DriverManager;
>> import java.sql.DriverPropertyInfo;
>> import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
>> import java.sql.SQLException;
>> import java.util.Enumeration;
>> import java.util.Properties;
>>
>> import org.apache.commons.collections.LRUMap;
>>
>> /**
>>  * Wraps a real JDBC driver to implement prepared statement pooling.
>>  * @author Mark Lewis
>>  * Mar 19, 2007
>>  */
>> public class PoolingDriver implements Driver {
>>
>>     public PoolingDriver(Driver realDriver) {
>>         this.realDriver = realDriver;
>>     }
>>
>>     public Connection connect(String url, Properties info) throws SQLException {
>>         return wrap(realDriver.connect(url, info));
>>     }
>>
>>     public boolean acceptsURL(String url) throws SQLException {
> [...]

This particular statement:

     if(method.getReturnType().isInstance(PreparedStatement.class))

is returning false for my prepared statement.  I'm printing the type
like this:

     System.out.println(method.getReturnType());

and it shows type type is:

     interface java.sql.PreparedStatement

I'm using Jython to test, and my test program looks like so:

from java.lang import *
from java.sql import *
Class.forName("randall.PGProxyDriver")
con = DriverManager.getConnection('jdbc:postgresql:mydb','myuser','mypass')
stmt = con.prepareStatement('select * from mytablename where myfield = ?')
stmt.setString(1, myvalue)
rs = stmt.executeQuery()

How do I match "interface java.sql.PreparedStatement" ?

Randall