Re: Help: Postgres, Java and Extended Characters? Solved

От rjb26@hotmail.com
Тема Re: Help: Postgres, Java and Extended Characters? Solved
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 08 Sep 2001 13:34:44 +0200, rjb26@hotmail.com wrote:

>Help,
>
>I have moved an application from one Linux box to another, running
>Java
>
>Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-b24)
>Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1-b24, mixed mode)
>Redhat7.1
>Apache JServ 1.1.2
>servlet-2.0
>PostgreSQL 7.1.2
>
>On my old setup, extended chars (e.g. å, ä and ö) all displayed fine,
>but
>now they just appear as a ?
>
>Can somebody advise what I need to change to get these to display
>correctly in the servlet generated html page.
>
>Process is as follows:
>Servlet retrieves data from postgres and display it in an html page.
>If I have the following in the database table (ausgewählten), it
>displays as (ausgew?hlten)
>If, I have the following in the table (ausgewählten), it will
>display correctly.
>
>Iam at a loss as to where the problem lies. Encoding in both db's is
>SQL_ASCII. Is it Linux, Apache, Java, or Postgres that is producing
>this strange scenario?
>
>Any ideas? TIA

Simply changed the encoding in the db to LATIN1. Don't know why this
worked on other machine - possibly a bug in previous version of
Postgres, as encoding in that db was set to SQL_ASCII

От: Denis Gasparin
Сообщение: Re: USA Disaster
От: "Matt"
Сообщение: returning value from inside a transaction