Re: explain analyze output: vacuuming made a big difference.

От Mark Stosberg
Тема Re: explain analyze output: vacuuming made a big difference.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mark Stosberg wrote:

> I'm reading the explain analyze output correctly myself, nearly all of
> the time spent is related to the 'pets' table, but I can't see what to
> about it.

Something about typing that message jarred by brain to think to try:

VACUUM FULL pets;
VACUUM ANALYZE pets;

Now the new cube-based calculation benchmarks reliably faster. The old
lat/lon systems now benchmarks at 250ms, while the the new cube-based
code bechmarks at 100ms,  over a 50% savings!

That's good enough for me.

However, I'm still interested advice on the other points I snuck into my
last message about joining with ints vs varchars and best use of partial

   Mark

Сообщение: Re: explain analyze output for review (was: optimizing a geo_distance()...)
Сообщение: Re: explain analyze output for review (was: optimizing a geo_distance()...)