Re[2]: BUG #15626: Incorrect version number shown in BigSQL installation

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re[2]: BUG #15626: Incorrect version number shown in BigSQL installation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
------ Original Message ------
From: "Pavlo Golub" <pavlo.golub@cybertec.at>
To: "PG Bug reporting form" <noreply@postgresql.org>; guy.rouillier@gmail.com; pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org
Sent: 2/12/2019 10:18:10 AM
Subject: Re: BUG #15626: Incorrect version number shown in BigSQL installation

Greetings, PG.

You wrote 10.02.2019, 9:10:

Bug reference: 15626
Logged by: Guy Rouillier
Email address: guy.rouillier@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.6
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit

I just did a fresh download and install using the BigSQL installer for 10.6.
I had previously been running version 10.3, also the BigSQL version. The
new version would not install over the existing installation, so I
uninstalled 10.3 first.

You should contact with BigSQL support directly. This is the public
list for the community and we have no ability to help you with custom
installation packages.

Ok, I found a Google Group that appears to be appropriate. I repeated this same submission over there:

I appreciate that you identified for me that this bug list was not the appropriate place to submit bugs in the installers. Ideally, we'd make it easier for people to submit bugs for whatever component is involved. I've used PostgreSQL for about 15 years, so I had the motivation to find the more appropriate place to repeat this bug. But I imagine most people with busy lives, after having submitted a bug report one place, would just forget about it if told to find and submit the same bug somewhere else. At the very least, the PostgreSQL site should provide links for where to report bugs for third-party components. Expecting individuals to search for it themselves is asking quite a bit.