Re: Enhancing protocol.sgml

От Bradley DeJong
Тема Re: Enhancing protocol.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2018-07-27, Tatsuo Ishii wrote ...
> ... I think this should be mentioned in protocol.sgml as well. ...

I agree. It is already mentioned as one of the differences between v2 and v3 but an implementer should not need to read that section if they are only implementing v3. (I know I've never looked at it before.)

Using protocol.diff as a base, I changed the phrasing to be more prescriptive for v3 protocol implementers (don't send a final line, be prepared to receive a final line), changed passive voice to active voice and fixed one COPYData -> CopyData capitalization.

I also called this out in the description of the CopyData message format because that is where the termination line would be transmitted.
Вложения