Re: [HACKERS] Removing derived files from CVS

От geek+@cmu.edu
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Removing derived files from CVS
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Removing derived files from CVS  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Then <scrappy@hub.org> spoke up and said:
> Agreed here too...someone at one point mentioned that there might be a
> way, inside of CVS, to have it auto-generate these files as its being
> checked out (ie. if file is configure.in, run autoconf)...

>From the info file:
Module options
--------------
  Either regular modules or ampersand modules can contain options,
which supply additional information concerning the module.
[snip]
`-i PROG'    Specify a program PROG to run whenever files in a module are    committed.  PROG runs with a single
argument,the full pathname of    the affected directory in a source repository.  The `commitinfo',    `loginfo', and
`verifymsg'files provide other ways to call a    program on commit.

`-o PROG'    Specify a program PROG to run whenever files in a module are    checked out.  PROG runs with a single
argument,the module name.

>From my reading, it looks like the easiest thing to do is set up
commit rules such that committing gram.y automatically generates
gram.c.  It looks like it might be difficult to have gram.c generated
completely "on the fly" and then passed to the CVS client.

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia.      |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance??    |
| Finger geek@cmu.edu for my public key.                            |

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Removing derived files from CVS
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 Features list