Re: commit so slow program looks frozen

От: Carlo Stonebanks
Тема: Re: commit so slow program looks frozen
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Alvaro Herrera, )
 Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Brian Hurt, )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Magnus Hagander", )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Richard Troy, )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
    Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Bucky Jordan", )
 Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Rocco Altier", )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Merlin Moncure", )
    Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Simon Riggs", )
     Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Merlin Moncure", )
      Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Rob Lemley, )
   Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (Richard Troy, )
    OT: TCL vs Perl Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  (, )
     Re: OT: TCL vs Perl Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: commit so slow program looks frozen  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )

>Ben Trewern" <> wrote in message
> It might be worth turning off hyperthreading if your Xeons are using it.
> There have been reports of this causing inconsistent behaviour with
> PostgreSQL.

Yes, this issue comes up often - I wonder if the Woodcrest Xeons resolved
this? Have these problems been experienced on both Linux and Windows (we are
running Windows 2003 x64)

Carlo