Re: 8.2beta1 installation fails

От Andrus
Тема Re: 8.2beta1 installation fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> It would still be interesting to know if made a difference if you were
> on the console, though

Installation from console session is OK.

> When this happens, can you run initdb manually? I mean while the error
> message is up there? Just to show where the problem is.

I'm unable to  run initdb manually:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2beta1\bin>initdb -D test
The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found in the
same directory as "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2beta1\bin/initdb".
Check your installation.

> Also, does it work if you pick a different locale/encoding? (it really
> shouldn't make this kind of error, but worth checking)

Please re-confirm if you want that I try this.

I think it may be the same shared memory allocation issue which I descibed
in message from April 5, 2006.
Computer has 8 GB RAM. If you tell me how to run initdb manually I can try
it.

Previous report from 05.04.2006 was:

creating directory data ... ok
creating directory data/global ... ok
creating directory data/pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory data/pg_xlog/archive_status ... ok
creating directory data/pg_clog ... ok
creating directory data/pg_subtrans ... ok
creating directory data/pg_twophase ... ok
creating directory data/pg_multixact/members ... ok
creating directory data/pg_multixact/offsets ... ok
creating directory data/base ... ok
creating directory data/base/1 ... ok
creating directory data/pg_tblspc ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers ... 50
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in data/base/1 ... DEBUG:  TZ "Europe/Helsinki"
matc
hes Windows timezone "FLE Daylight Time"
DEBUG:  invoking IpcMemoryCreate(size=1327104)
DEBUG:  mapped win32 error code 161 to 2
FATAL:  could not create shared memory segment: No such file or directory
DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=1, size=1327104, 03600).
DEBUG:  proc_exit(1)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(1)
DEBUG:  exit(1)
child process was terminated by signal 1
initdb: removing data directory "data"

Andrus.