Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL

От: Carlo Stonebanks
Тема: Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Alex Stapleton, )
   Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Markus Schaber, )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  index growth problem  (Graham Davis, )
   Re: index growth problem  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
    Re: index growth problem  (Graham Davis, )
     Re: index growth problem  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
    Re: index growth problem  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
   Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
    Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
   Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Scott Marlowe, )
[...]
  Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  (Shaun Thomas, )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )
 Re: Performance Optimization for Dummies 2 - the SQL  ("Carlo Stonebanks", )

> you have a two part part key on facility(country code, postal code),
> right?

Well, I'm glad you pointed it out, because I THOUGhT I had created it, but
apparently I haven't -- I only noticed that it was missing after I listed
all the other indexes. Looks like this query is one of the victims of a db
structure corruption I suffered when transferring the schema over from
development into production.

(Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Thanks for all the help - I've reduced the execution time to 1/10 of its
original time.

Carlo