Re: more anti-postgresql FUD

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: more anti-postgresql FUD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
alexei.vladishev@gmail.com wrote on 11.10.2006 16:54:
> Do a simple test to see my point:
>
> 1. create table test (id int4, aaa int4, primary key (id));
> 2. insert into test values (0,1);
> 3. Execute "update test set aaa=1 where id=0;" in an endless loop
>
> I just did the test on PostgreSQL 7.4.12 and MySQL 5.0.22 (MyISAM,
> sorry had no configured InnoDB). Ubuntu 6.0.6, AMD64, 2GB, default
> database settings.
>
> MySQL performs very well, approximately 15000-20000 updates per second
> with no degradation of performance.

Just a follow up: if you base your choice of DBMS on this test, you have to
chose HSQLDB. I just ran this test on my WinXP AMD64 box, and it performed
constantly at ~40000 updates per second.

Thomas

Сообщение: Re: Resetting Serial Column Sequence Number
Сообщение: Re: Resetting Serial Column Sequence Number