Re: Performace Optimization for Dummies

От Carlo Stonebanks
Тема Re: Performace Optimization for Dummies
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> 1. fork your import somhow to get all 4 cores running

This is already happening, albeit only 3. No improvement - it appears we
have taken the same problem, and divided it by 3. Same projected completion
time. this is really curious, to say the least.

> 2. write the code that actually does the insert in C and use the
> parameterized prepared statement.

I had already tried the paremetrised prepare statement; I had mentioned that
I was surprised that it had no effect. No one here seemed surprised, or at
least didn't think of commenting on it.

> however, your general approach has been 'please give me advice, but
> only the advice that i want'.

I'm sorry I don't understand - I had actually originally come asking four
questions asking for recommendations and opinions on hardware, O/S and
commercial support. I did also ask for comments on my config setup.