Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/12/21 9:03 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,

>> On 2021-10-12 16:02:14 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> You do that by putting a path to it at the start of the PATH. The wrinkle in
>>> this is that you need prove to point to one that understands virtual
>>> paths. So you do something like this:
>>>

>>> PATH="/c/perl/bin:$PATH" PROVE=/bin/core_perl/prove configure ...
>> Oh my.
>>
>> I'll try that later... I wonder if we could make this easier from our side?
>> This is a lot of magic to know.
> I managed to get this working. At first it failed because I don't have
> pexports - it's not available inside msys as far as I could tell. And seems to
> be unmaintained. But replacing pexports with gendef fixed that.
>
> There's this comment in src/pl/plperl/GNUmakefile
>
> # Perl on win32 ships with import libraries only for Microsoft Visual C++,
> # which are not compatible with mingw gcc. Therefore we need to build a
> # new import library to link with.
>
> but I seem to be able to link fine without going through that song-and-dance?

It looks like you're not building a native postgres, but rather one
targeted at msys. To build one that's native (i.e. runs without any
presence of msys) you need to do these things before building:

    MSYSTEM=MINGW64
    MSYSTEM_CHOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32
    PATH="/mingw64/bin:$PATH"

pexports will be in the resulting path, and the build will use the
native compiler.

You can use fairywren's config as a guide.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan