Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index

От Alexander Pyhalov
Тема Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi.

I've rebased patch on master and it'seems to me there's one more issue -

when we call DefineIndexConcurrentInternal() in partitioned case, it
waits for transactions, locking tableId, not tabrelid - heaprelid
LockRelId is constructed for parent index relation, not for child index
relation.

Attaching fixed version.

Also I'm not sure what to do with locking of child relations. If we
don't do anything, you can drop one of the partitioned table childs
while CIC is in progress, and get error

ERROR:  cache lookup failed for index 16399

If you try to lock all child tables in CIC session, you'll get
deadlocks.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,