Re: Some regular-expression performance hacking

От Joel Jacobson
Тема Re: Some regular-expression performance hacking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, at 20:58, Joel Jacobson wrote:
>Like you said earlier, perhaps the regex engine has been optimized enough for this time.
>If not, you want to investigate an additional idea,

In the above sentence, I meant "you _may_ want to".
I'm not at all sure these idea are applicable in the PostgreSQL regex engine,
so feel free to silently ignore these if you feel there is a risk for time waste.

>that I think can be seen as a generalization of the optimization trick for (.*),
>if I've understood how it works correctly.

Actually not sure if it can be seen as a generalization,
I just came to think of my ideas since they also improve
the case when you have lots of (.*) or bracket expressions of large ranges.

/Joel