Re: Fix checkpoint skip logic on idle systems by tracking LSN progress

От David Steele
Тема Re: Fix checkpoint skip logic on idle systems by tracking LSN progress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/14/16 4:29 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
> <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> It applies the master and compiled cleanly and no error by
>> regtest.  (I didn't confirmed that the problem is still fixed but
>> seemingly no problem)
>
> Thanks for double-checking.

Also looks good to me.  I like curinsert_flags and XLOG_SKIP_PROGRESS
better than the old names.

>> If I'm not missing something, at the worst we have a checkpoint
>> after a checkpointer restart that should have been supressed. Is
>> it worth picking it up for the complexity?

That's the way I read it as well.  It's not clear to me how the
checkpointer would get restarted under normal circumstances.

I did a kill on the checkpointer and it was ignored.  After a kill -9
the checkpointer process came back but also switched the xlog.  Is this
the expected behavior?

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net